Our first groundbreaking issue of HerStoria will inform, doctor surprise and entertain you.
- Jo Stanley ‘s history of women pirates, sales and her reflections on researching ‘outsider’ women.
- Hockey sticks to the ready as Ju Gosling takes us on a journey to remember Girls’ School Stories and explains their significance to women’s history.
- Fiona Hobden sheds light on some unexpected aspects of the lives and loves of Sappho and the women of ancient Greece
- Claire Jones asks was Bess of Hardwick a scheming social climber or woman succeeding in a man’s world?
- Where is the women’s history in schools? Sue Johnson goes in search
- We also have an interview with Lesley Hall and an exploration of the Wellcome medical archives, a women’s history walk around Bloomsbury in London, reviews, news, listings and more.
Buy this Magazine